December 26, 2011

2012 does not look promising for issues or covers

So I’m looking through the lists of expected releases for 2012, and so far I’m not seeing much for this topic.  On March 3, 2012, the USPS is expected to release the 20th Century Poets issue in Chicago, but unfortunately for this topic, March 4 is a Sunday this year.  So even if I manage to put some cachets together, I still won’t be able to get them cancelled on the first day of sale.  Also, it does not seem likely that I’ll be able to find anything with a March 4, 2012, cancellation (is there any postal authority that is working on Sundays?).

Well, there are enough other issues in the past to collect, and there are still all the bargain cover bins at the local stamp shows to dig through, so it could be worse…

No comments:

Post a Comment